Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chapter Two

Sometime during the night, Laska slipped out of the tent.

Drachen heard her go, but kept silent. He crept after her, unable to sleep as well, gently pushing the tent flap open and being greeted by an icy chill. It was a foggy, cloudy night, and the gray clouds hung low over the dark horizon. It wasn't snowing anymore, but the ground still was covered in layers of white.

He peeked around the corner of the tent, seeing that Laska and him were far from the only ones awake. Most of the dogs had slipped out of their harnesses, and were huddled in a group talking. He spotted Laska, standing next to a lean, grey-black husky.

He must be the father of her pups, Drachen thought. Suddenly curious, he crept closer, trying to catch what the older dogs were talking about.

"But it's not bad," he heard one dog saying, a younger female with dark, fiery eyes.  "Just...different. There's nothing wrong with different, I should know."

An older-looking dog sitting off to the side shook his head. "You young ones. Thing you know everything. Wolves are one of sled dogs' worst enemies. They simply cannot race with us."

"Well it's not up to you is it?" the feisty female shot back.

"Enough Lilie," spoke a new voice, one Drachen instantly recognized from the night he was found. "It isn't our choice, you're correct, but Stefanski has a right to share his point."

Lilie glared at both Stenfanski and Falke, but said nothing.

Laska glanced at her mate, then quietly said, "I think they are fine pups. Felize and I wouldn't mind standing in as their parents."

A few nods and gasps came from the crowd of dogs. Some gave disdainful glances, others gave Laska and Felize encouraging yips. Falke gave Laska a thankful glance, then said a few words to her that were inaudible to Drachen. Then the dogs slowly broke apart. Falke headed off with Chazi, deep in a conversation that he guessed was about Blitzen and himself. Others returned to the immobile sleigh and slipped back into their loose harnesses to rest.

Drachen slinked back toward the den, trying to avoid being spotted by one of the team.

But of course, just as he was about to draw back the tent flap, a voice sounded behind him.

"Drachen?"

Author's Note:
Second chapter is finally up! I'm thinking of making some art or reference sheets or sumthin' owo






6 comments:

  1. Hi Pippy, it's me axe.. I haven't blogged in a while but Im back now :) So I will link this story, Im making the sign-up sheets, like I sad I missed you, your able to make a special character..
    *NOTE* Dont get upset if your character isnt as special as pippy's it's just shes a kind friend to me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AXE! •w•

      I've missed you so much! Thank you so much, your an amazing friend too! :D
      I'll look forward to creating that special character...teehee...

      Delete
    2. :c Im not sure I can catch up with my blogs though, plus I have a new gmail.. So yea.

      Delete
    3. Yeah...
      I've been having some trouble getting on blogger often too, I haven't been half as active as I usually am..
      I'm thinking (or actually going to when I'm able to sit down for more than 2 minutes) of opening a dA account, so you should see me on there soon.

      Delete
  2. Your art is really good, Pippen, you're better than me!
    Anyways... I am going to link your blog on No Holds Barred, and I already have on Tales of the Jamaasian Heroes, so care to link both blogs back?
    sylviesylveon.blogspot.com
    jamaasloreclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please be mindful and considerate of your comments, and no cursing or spam.
Or else, expect many hungry sled dogs watching you next time you look out the window...